Monday 4 August 2008

Oh great... thrush

And not even the pleasant kind. (Yes I know most people don't consider, ya know, vaginal thrush to be pleasant... but compared to oral thrush it's a walk in the park).

Apparantly you are more prone to thrush when you are beduffed. It's to do with hormonal changes. Personally I think it's due to eating my body weight in barley sugars to keep the sickness at bay and creating the perfect environment in my gob for Candidas (anyone who suggests that as a nice name for BamBam gets a thump).
Yesterday I noticed the back of my tongue felt a little sore after eating and the bad taste which has been such a joy of this pregnancy so far was more pronounced. My tongue was a little off colour too but I tried to brush it and ended up making the weird mooing noises over the loo again.
This morning it was worse again and low and behold I now have white spots all over my palate (or is it palatte, or pallate) and a distinct furry taste in my gob and everything tastes like poop.
The supreme irony is that my sickness is nowhere near as bad - just mad waves of it - so if it wasn't for the fuzzy mouth I could be doing okay in comparison to the last few weeks.
Luckily my sister works for my GP so got me a super quick prescription of Nystatin (only safe thing to take in pregnancy) and I've started taking it.
Hopefully it will work, really, really, fast.

No comments: