Friday 1 August 2008

Hormonal rant # 1: I miss Diet Coke...

I mean really,REALLY miss Diet Coke.
But I can't drink it because it suddenly tastes like the devil's pish.
Now you would think that would make it easier to miss - that I would be happy not to have the devil's pish in my life but I'm not.
Because since my body turned against the wonder of Diet Coke there is not one other single solitary drink that quenches my thirst in the same way. There is nothing which has beaten the opening of a can of ice cold DC and hearing that fizz before tipping it to my mouth and feeling the cool, caffeine-y bubbles slide down my throat.
No. Water just aint the same.
And juice is okay sometimes but it's very sweet.
Cordials tastes icky.
And I'm not a tea or coffee drinker anyway.

With The Boy I couldn't drink Diet Coke for my entire pregnancy and for a few months after and the suddenly it was like the sea parted and I was able to enjoy it again.
It's gonna be a long 7 months.

No comments: