Sunday 10 August 2008

Dear Bam Bam - seven months to go

I've decided that I'm going to write you a little letter every month, on what would be your due date. You are due on March 10, so it's August 10 now.
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and yet I'm only two months pregnant - go figure. The first lie of the world sweet baby is that pregnancy is not 9 months old. It's more like 10. So you've a long time to be getting comfy in there.
It's hard for me to write this. I'm having difficulty seeing you as a really, really baby just yet. You are so very tiny and we are still in the nasty danger zone. I do not dare to dream that I will actually hold you in my arms at some stage.
Your big brother is very excited though (when he's not asking for a kitten instead - do not take it personally, he means well). He has already promised he will teach you how to go down the slide at the swimming pool and he is looking forward to the day me and you pick him up from school and take him on the bus to the cafe for a bun and juice. (You'll be on milk. Don't hate me for it).
You also have a wonderful big cousin called Abby who is dying to meet you. She's a wee gem. She will treat you like the most amazing baby in the whole world.
Mammy and Daddy, we're excited too little baby. We've thought our family was ready to be expanded for a while and you are so very important to us.
So keep in there. Keep growing and we'll meet you in 6 or 7 months ish.
Mammy
xxx

No comments: