Friday 15 August 2008

Hormones and not feeling very well...

I may (read that as "probably am") being mildly hypochrondiac-y at the moment but I just don't feel right.
And I mean that beyond the daily gaggy, sea-sicky and generally crappy-itis of the present time.
The evil, evil oral thrus refuses to go away entirely. I'm almost done my second course of antibiotics but should I miss just one dose of it's evil cherry flavoured ickness (which is a fighting battle with the gaggy-ness, I can tell you) my tongue goes a lovely shade of white and if I even dare to try and examine it I start to gag again.
Yes folks, even talking makes me gag now. There's a joy. (Although secretly I think the husband is delighted).
Bedtime storytime with the little man has become interesting. As I read his story, stopping mid Charlie and Lola adventure for a quick retch, he pulls the duvet up over his head.
"Mummy, don't do sickies on me. Please mummy."
I assure him I'm fine but when you are trying to read about Soren LorBLEURGHSSSenson it gets a bit traumatic for a four year old.
On top of that my chest feels tight. Now this could be related to my whole being diagnosed with hayfever at the tender age of 31 (am now 32) but not being able to take any medication for it because I am beduffed.
Word to the wise, when you are pregnant all you are allowed to cure your ills is a fruit pastille and a plaster. Occasionally, if you have suffered a major trauma like the loss of a limb, you are allowed a paracetamol. Big whoop.
So I've taken to weeping a lot. And feeling sorry for myself. And bemoaning the fecking state of my house.
I'm off to the doctors later where I fully expect they will shove me out the door with short shrift and tell me to stop my crying. I'm pregnant there is oil (Jesus, please no one mention oily substances) and cherry flavoured ickness to be taken.

No comments: