Tuesday 5 August 2008

Hormonal Rant # 2 - just AAAARRGGHH!!

Okay when I saw my doctor re: this pregnancy she recommended I come off my antidepressants.
I'm nervous about this as me and my antidepressants have had a very lovely relationship for a long time. They keep me sane, I keep them in a nice box in the kitchen where they are safe and dry and warm.
So now I'm about 5 days off taking any tablet.
And I'm having a bad day. Now it might just be a bad day, or it might be that my body really, really likes antidepressants and does not cope well without them.
It might just be that I'm an hormonal cow and I'm always (well for the next 7 or so months) have days like this.
But I want to cry. I want my mammy. I'm thinking and feeling irrationally. Something really stupid has happened re a Direct Debit which is so not the end of the world, and not even in my control or my fault, but by the way my heart is racing and brain is going over time, you so would think it is.
I HATE feeling like this. It feels as if the world and his mother are ganging up on me. (And I like the world's mother - she makes nice scones)
I'll give it a day or two before deciding if I'm proper mental - but just now, I wanna go home!

No comments: