Thursday 2 October 2008

Hyperemesis... and other joys...

So anyway, it's what I've got.

Sort of.


Here's the definition unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids.

Now I have the nausea bit and the preventing of adequate anything. Recently even water has made me ill. Mostluy though I'm not throwing up - although throwing up a lot more than I did with Joseph (I threw up once with him. I'm throwing up at least once a week with this wee blighter) but God the sickness, morning, noon and night. The fear that I could throw up at any time (and have, in public, the shame).
It is, in fairness only my fear of puking which has led me not to be sick more as I'll hold it all in as much as possible.

So now, at 17 weeks and some, the doctor has given me metoclopromide (or something ) which I've now been taking for two days. Now I still threw up this morning, but after taking the tablet my stomach settled again. I feel better -ish. Please God may I continue to feel better, as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Keris Stainton said...

Oh no! I've read about that, it sounds horrible. Poor you. Sending healing vibes right back atcha. :(