Sunday 26 October 2008

"And, he's not a boy!"


So we had our scan today. Two weeks ago I would have put money on Bam Bam being a girl, but since I booked my scan I've been having stronger and stronger Boy dreams to the point where I was convinced I was going to see a winky today. I've been referring to baby constantly as "him" as well which I was sure was my body's way of telling me I was having another little man.


But today we had our scan and it seems Bam Bam is more of a Pebbles.

Joseph, N and I are all delighted. N and I even shared a tear. I have to say the £79 we paid to hear this news, and to see our baby projected on a large screen - waving her hand, opening her mouth a lot ("typical woman, always chatting") etc was well worth it. The experience fantastic although it will take me some time to get used to the baby being a she.


I bought some pink, of course I did, but I still keep saying he.

And Joseph is even better. We went to tell my parents and family today. Joseph was hyper as a box of frogs and proceeded to tell everyone how "He (the baby) even kicked his own head" to which they all started to panic that I was going into meltdown.

Then Joseph announced "And guess what, he's not a boy!"

Brilliant way to announce it, if you ask me!

2 comments:

Keris Stainton said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!

And no disrespect to my little Joe, but I am very envious.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Beautiful, Claire!!